My Shoes Are In Mumbai

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Last Images Of Asia

Watching the pottery work on a day trip to Ko Kret























A favourite pastime in South East Asia is the traditional game of "Stuff Livestock With Precious Metals". Dan and I got into this in a big way. So far 30 cows have kicked the bucket with silver, 79 geese had their fill of bronze and we managed a staggering 288 Cadmium Yaks. YUSS !
















Edible flowers at the market in Ko Kret - the blue ones had a very odd, sweet and greasy taste.













Dan gave them a bit more of a chance than I did. That's right Son, get 'em down yer throat !



















I hate melodicas, more so than any other instrument. Who made these bastard things popular again ? I have a strong suspicion it was Damon Albarn. Anyway, this is Bangkok's Melodica Army - behind bars. Where they belong.












Detail of the Golden Temple












Our mate Kung, who kindly allowed me to take a picture while she was praying at Wat Su That.

















Rambutan - a sort of lychee, often hospitably served up to us, often very unsubtley left uneaten (after making a big show of eating one each).















What a photogenic chap, how thoughtful looking ... oh no ! Look who's blundered into frame - get out, get out !




















A view over Bangkok, from the Golden Mount



















The flag over the Golden Mount.















7 Comments:

  • Due to the unnecessarily volatile actions of Mr. Asker I shall be forced to respond in kind.

    By Blogger Dan, at 11:54 PM  

  • This sort of tit-for-tat mutual embarrasment-making will solve nothing.

    By Blogger James, at 11:57 PM  

  • James.... some being such a lout and more comedy pics of you! :)

    Asia looks great through, enjoy Oz too. If you want something to get them going, ask the Ozzies what they think of the last rugby world cup or the last Ashes series!!1

    Have fun!

    Rich

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:23 AM  

  • It's You ! How are you Gentlemen ? Main screen turn on etc.

    Rich, Dan is taking care of the Asker Comedy Pics. Perhaps I should rename this Lout And About.

    By Blogger James, at 3:17 AM  

  • I have that melodica!

    I'm going to write a song for you. It's called The Song for James.

    La la la, I'm a melodica,
    La la la, I love James,
    La la la, I am hot for ya*
    La la la what fun and games

    *I being me role playing as a melodica. Don't tell Thom.

    xx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:10 AM  

  • Oi, 'Ron !

    Cheers for the song, I wept butter. I'd like another done in the style of the MicroKorg - that's a diminuitve-keyed triller that I can get with.

    How's my knitted socks going ? I've only got two pairs. They both stink.

    In the meantime, I have written a song about mining.

    Cor cor cor ...
    Iron ore !
    I implore,
    More more more.

    By Blogger James, at 5:29 AM  

  • Hey James,
    I still owe you the 10 pound if you need them ;)

    You look good and healty! I'm sure it is lots of fun and everything...but seriously isn't it time to go back to decent job now?

    OK...take care and have lots of fun etc.

    Greetings from Norway

    Tore Olav

    Btw. We have a job opening on the IS side here in Oslo...U interested?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home