My Shoes Are In Mumbai

Friday, September 01, 2006

Congratulations !!

Congratulations to my sister Kate, and her boyfriend Tim, who have just told me they are engaged !! These two splendid urchins rang me up at ridiculous o'clock in the morning to give me the news - I am of course very very pleased for them both. I was probably quite incoherent on the phone, as I was in the middle of a dream in which I was talking to Kate ... and being woken up by her and having to talk on the phone was a pretty surreal experience. So sorry if I was a bit non-plussed at first ! Tim has also asked for me to be his best man (sharing joint responsibilities with Hugh) - a role which I'm honoured and thrilled to accept. I shouldn't think there'll be a lack of annecdotes for the speech as Tim and I have got drunk together about a thousand times. I am pleased that my sister has had the good sense to marry someone who is reckless enough to kiss a whole prawn on the eye.

6 Comments:

  • May I add my congratulations to you both. This is fantastic news.

    By Blogger Dan, at 11:17 PM  

  • Oh my god! About bloody time. Congratulations to you both! :D

    xxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:02 AM  

  • congratulations!

    not sure if i'd trust jim with the rings though!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:10 AM  

  • Congratulations Kate and Tim. Great news.

    Regards

    Sally and Keith (Dan's M & D)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:19 AM  

  • Congratulations Tim and Kate!

    You're both so perfect together it's a wonder you weren't born married.

    Great news, let me buy you a drink (maybe even one each) on my return to Blighty.

    Johnners xx

    By Blogger JS, at 11:14 AM  

  • There's no cleverness to this - Tim kissed a prawn on the eye and it made me laugh. A lot.

    Can't remember when it was exactly, perhaps at Ann & Eric's wedding.

    By Blogger James, at 4:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home